The debut episode of The Organist podcast.
via Third Coast International Audio Festival, Library Spotlight
The Organist is a monthly experimental arts & culture program produced by the editors of theBeliever - the award-winning monthly magazine published by McSweeney’s.
Inspired by its sibling publication, the Organist explores pop culture and sasses high culture, covering everything from philosphy to daytime TV, from poetry to martial arts. Episode One includes:
- Parks and Recreation's Nick Offerman holding forth on the true nature of podcasts
- George Saunders talking about ‘voice’ in fiction
- Greil Marcus reviewing Bikini Kill and Percival Everett
- Amber Scorah’s story of her defection from the Jehovah’s Witnesses in China
- Pitchfork editor Brandon Stosuy’s five-word record reviews
- Electronic duo Matmos deconstructing a song from their new album
- A feature about sound design in an indie film about a sound designer in an indie film